ALDinHE Recognition Scheme
The ALDinHE recognition scheme emerged from a strong community consensus that although Learning Developers can have diverse roles, they will share certain values. Using this feedback, ALDinHE developed the Certified Practitioner (CeP) and Certified Leading Practitioner (CeLP) awards.
You can apply for CeP or CeLP if you:
- Are based at an institution that is an ALDinHE member; or
- Have an individual ALDinHE membership
ALDinHE membership information is available on our JOIN page.
The CeP and CeLP awards promote Learning Development as a profession in its own right.
Successful applicants receive formal recognition of their specialist knowledge and practice. This demonstrates expertise to both current and prospective employers, and might also be useful when applying for HEA fellowship.
Successful applicants are:
- Given a certificate in recognition of their Learning Development expertise.
- Added to a list of CePs on the ALDinHE website – publically recognising their expertise.
- Encouraged to add their ALDinHE status in their email signature
There is currently no requirement to revalidate an award. However, ALDinHE reserves the right to introduce a revalidation scheme / tiered recognition categories at a future date.
Applying for CeP
Applying for CeLP
Applying for HEA Fellowship
LD-MAPS plots the key activities of Learning Development roles against the Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). Aligning our activities with the UKPSF is necessary for applications for Higher Education Academy (HEA) professional recognition, whether independently or as part of an in-house CPD scheme.
LD-MAPS includes leadership and mentoring activities appropriate for HEA Senior Fellowship (D3).
Alternatively, you can use the ‘reverse’ mapping tool, which will enable you to start with the UKPSF descriptors required and see the indicative Learning Development activities that might fit.
- LD-MAPS – learning development mapped against UKPSF (download)
- LD-MAPS – UKPSF reverse-mapped against learning development (download)
The following are CPD opportunities are available to anyone with an interest in learning development:
• ALDinHE: The Learning Development Conference – Our 3 day annual conference is always a popular and lively event – a real must for learning developers! For more information see our events page.
• ALDinHE Regional Symposia – Each one-day symposium will have a specific theme and provides a great opportunity to network and share best practice. For upcoming dates and more information see our events page.
CPD for experienced practitioners
Experienced Learning Development Practitioners may be interested in these opportunities:
• Host your own event – ALDinHE will support member institutions to host their own Regional Symposium or CPD day (aimed at new practitioners). For more information about hosting a Regional Symposium. For more information about hosting a CPD day see our events page.
• #LTHEchat – LTHEChat provides excellent opportunities for you to engage in or follow lively Twitter conversations about Learning and Teaching topics. For more information: https://lthechat.com
• Take 5 Blog – Each Take5 blog entry is written by a different author so this resource covers a host of topics that will be of interest to Learning Developers. For more information: https://lmutake5.wordpress.com
• TLC Webinars – Teaching and Learning Conversations (TLC) webinars will be of interest to many learning development practitioners. For more information: https://tlcwebinars.wordpress.com