The aims of ALDinHE are:
- to be an association representing professionals employed in the field of Learning Development in Higher Education, primarily in the UK and Ireland; and those with an active interest in the field, for instance subscribers to the Learning Development in Higher Education Network (LDHEN) JISCmail discussion list.
- to promote discussion about effective models for Learning Development, cultivate a community of practice and act as a supportive network for the general professional development of staff involved with Learning Development (LD), i.e. those working with students in focussing on the experience of learning in higher education contexts.
The objectives of ALDinHE are:
- to support the LDHEN and to facilitate discussion, exchange information, and hold meetings on the diverse activities related to learning development work in higher education, primarily in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- to facilitate contacts between learning development professionals, services and associated bodies in universities both nationally and internationally
- to identify, describe, analyse and discuss all aspects of LD in practice through relevant research and publications relating to learning and teaching and students’ experience of higher education
- to support the development and implementation of effective materials, resources and approaches in LD
- to work with other agencies in developing standards for professional training and development in LD
- to identify appropriate quality assurance mechanisms for LD
These and other aims may be pursued by the creation of special interest groups.
The Association will be non-profit making and will levy a subscription on its members.
Click here to view the current ALDinHE Constitution ( - 307 KB)