The recognition scheme is open for applications all year round.
The ALDinHE recognition scheme emerged from a strong community consensus that although Learning Developers can have diverse roles, they will share certain values. Using this feedback, ALDinHE developed the Certified Practitioner (CeP) and Certified Leading Practitioner (CeLP) awards.
Writing retreats are held four times a year
Join us on a writing retreat to reflect on your practice and progress your Certified Practitioner award application. It’s free! Book now
You can apply for CeP or CeLP if you:
- Are based at an institution that is an ALDinHE member; or
- Have an individual ALDinHE membership
ALDinHE membership information is available on our JOIN page.
The CeP and CeLP awards promote Learning Development as a profession in its own right.
Successful applicants receive formal recognition of their specialist knowledge and practice. This demonstrates expertise to both current and prospective employers, and might also be useful when applying for HEA fellowship.
Successful applicants are:
- Given a certificate in recognition of their Learning Development expertise.
- Added to a list of CePs on the ALDinHE website – publically recognising their expertise.
- Encouraged to add their ALDinHE status in their email signature
There is currently no requirement to revalidate an award. However, ALDinHE reserves the right to introduce a revalidation scheme / tiered recognition categories at a future date.