The community provides an informal, supportive environment within which professionals working in and around ‘Learning Development’ can interact and share experiences connected to neurodiversity and inclusivity. The first meeting was held in June 2021 and we currently have over a hundred attendees to our meetings, which take place every two months.
The CoP aims to:
- Act as a forum for regular discussions around neurodiversity and inclusivity between different institutions.
- Encourage the sharing of ideas between LD professionals and other professionals involved in teaching and learning.
- Disseminate information concerning good practice, and how this could best be implemented, to benefit the wider community.
- Provide an opportunity for networking between those with specific shared interests (e.g.) dyslexia, autism, attention deficit disorder, assistive technology etc.
- Discuss published research papers to enhance knowledge and understanding.
The CoP is facilitated by Karen Welton (Plymouth College of Art) and Jennie Dettmer (University of Bedfordshire). If you are interested in joining the community, please complete our expression of interest form and we will be in touch.