Activity time: Videos from 13-22 minutes each, but further time needed to complete activities
Types of media: PowerPoint File, Video
Jessica Hancock (City University)
Discuss the requirements of each dissertation chapterApply the advice to your own dissertation
(This resource can be freely repurposed and reused)
This information/resource was last updated in June 2021.
This post was originally added to LearnHigher on: August 14, 2019
About this resource
Five screencast videos tackle different chapters and aspects of the dissertation writing process:
- the dissertation writing process (Script .pdf) (PowerPoint .pptx)
- the lit review chapter (Script .pdf) (PowerPoint .pptx)
- the methodology chapter (Script .pdf) (PowerPoint .pptx)
- the results chapter (Script .pdf) (PowerPoint .pptx)
- the conclusions chapter and editing the dissertation (Script .pdf) (PowerPoint .pptx)
The videos include several activities to promote engagement and active learning of the material. They are designed to give students some information about the different parts of the dissertation, and to encourage them to think about writing each chapter, to be followed up by face-to-face sessions which would include peer learning and discussion about examples of each of the chapters.
The videos are linked to above. Also supplied are full scripts for each video, and the accompanying PPT, which you may use to modify and produce your own videos (please credit me if you do this).